The current virus pandemic has forced many small businesses and service providers to stop face to face contact with their customers. This means that websites and social media are the primary way to maintain contact and keep your products or services visible. Adding a video post to your content online is a great way to stand out and engage with your existing and potential customers. NB Social media posts with video have 48% more views! It does not have to be a full on Hollywood blockbuster if you have a smart phone then creating a basic video is well within reach. Here are some tips to make sure you get off to a strong start that will deliver your intended message.
10 Tips For Creating Basic Video Clips
Before you start the Lights, Camera, Action! take some time to plan and practice. Some effort at this stage is the key to getting a good result. First consider what you want to say and what will be the benefit for your business? How will it fit with any other marketing activity. Hint – they should both be pulling in the same direction.
Next why will anyone want to watch it, what’s the point of it for them? Clear basic ideas that are readily understood will get the best results. Take a look at what other people are doing get inspired and do better.
- Plan ahead so you can tell a story Think beginning, middle, and end. Write a real script. Try to answer “why will people want to share this video?” before you start producing it.
- What is the question your video answers? 65% of people use YouTube to help them solve a problem
- Keep the camera steady, nothing looks worse than a wobbly screen. Get a tripod for your phone. it will help you make a more professional looking video
- If audio is key to the story, consider using an external mic
- Don’t use digital zoom its blurry
- Bright lighting is important. Avoid being directly under a lamp as it will put your face in shade.
- Use landscape mode – works best in most settings
- Be prepared to edit your video . Use an app to trim any unnecessary content out
- Consider using subtitles or on-screen text as many views watch with the sound turned down or off (85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound, while 60% of Instagram Stories are watched with the sound on.)
- Have a snappy beginning – this will be what most people watch. You loose 33% of viewers by 30 seconds and two thirds by 1 minute so keep it short
Now post and share. Check your feedback then go again.